Why Do You Need a Primary Care Physician
Primary care providers manage day-to-day health needs. Dr. Nassar MD and his qualified team offer top adult primary care services in Redlands, CA. For more information, call us or schedule an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 255 Terracina Blvd, Suite 105 Redlands, CA 92373.
Table of Contents:
Dr. Nassar MD provides medical care for a wide range of health issues, from minor aches and pains to life-threatening diseases. Primary care physicians also called general practitioners or primary doctors, are the backbone of the healthcare system. They provide a range of services, from physical exams and diagnostic testing to medical advice and referrals. Some specialize in certain areas, such as internal medicine or geriatrics, while others are generalists.
Yes, a PCP is a doctor. Also known as primary care physicians, these doctors can diagnose, treat, and manage a wide number of health issues, from acute injuries to chronic diseases. In contrast with specialists, PCPs are often considered generalists, as they can provide care for a broad range of health concerns, not issues specific to just one organ or system.
Primary care physicians are doctors who practice general medicine and can treat a variety of medical conditions that affect various systems of the body. Internists are somewhat similar to primary care physicians in the sense that they provide care for a wide range of concerns, but they focus on diseases that affect the internal organs, such as the heart, liver, lungs, and digestive tract. The biggest difference between the two professions is that internists strictly provide care for adults, while primary care physicians can provide care for patients of all ages, from infancy to advanced age.
Primary care physicians provide patients with a number of services and can meet the needs of patients from a diverse range of backgrounds. PCPs can:
– Provide preventive care
– Help patients achieve a healthy lifestyle
– Diagnose and treat common medical conditions
– Treat and manage chronic diseases, including hypertension (high blood pressure), high cholesterol, heart disease, asthma, and diabetes
– Determine the severity of medical problems
– Refer patients to medical specialists when necessary
There are many benefits of seeing Dr. Nassar MD on a regular basis, including consistency of care, prevention of disease, familiarity with a medical history, and better overall health and wellness.
– Consistency of Care — Seeing the same doctor ensures that the patient receives the same level of care, which is particularly important for people living with one or more chronic conditions.
– Familiarity of Medical History — Another benefit of having a close working relationship with a primary care physician is their knowledge and understanding of the patient’s condition. Having to explain symptoms or health history to a doctor at every appointment is not only time-consuming and tedious, but it can also lead to inconsistencies, such as missing details or redundant information. This knowledge and familiarity help the physician provide personalized care for each patient; they focus on individualized healthcare and medical treatments instead of using a one-size-fits-all approach.
– Prevention and Condition Management — One of the main roles of a primary care provider is screening all major health-related conditions, from heart disease to asthma. For patients who are already living with one or more chronic conditions, their primary care physician will help them manage their condition and its symptoms to improve their quality of life.
– Better Overall Health & Wellness — Several studies have shown that patients who receive regular care from a primary care physician live longer lives, experience fewer hospitalizations, and develop fewer diseases than those who do not.
Mohamed Nassar. MD is dedicated to providing you with all of your primary care needs. Call now or schedule an appointment online with our primary care physician, or visit our clinic located at 255 Terracina Blvd, Suite 105 Redlands, CA 92373. We serve patients from Redlands, CA, Loma Linda, CA, Highland, CA, San Bernardino, CA, Grand Terrace, CA, Yucaipa, CA, and Moreno Valley, CA.